Stay tuned. We'll be right back in 2019!
Join us for Journey to the Cross April 18-21, 2019!
Travel back in time to ancient Bethlehem where you will
visit a bustling marketplace,
feel the oppression of the Roman soldiers,
meet the wise men, interact with the innkeeper,
search for Joseph and Mary,
see an angel proclamation, and
experience the miracle of Jesus' birth!
Journey to Bethlehem is an 45-minute outdoor, interactive, family-friendly drama walking tour. It is a one-of-a-kind production you will never forget!
Tickets are available November 1, 2019
Top 5 Tips to Get Ready for J2B
- Dress warmly with layers. You will want to wear warm, comfortable walking shoes, too. Each Journey lasts for approximately 45 minutes outdoors (plus possible wait time inside). Your entire car-to-car experience may take up to two hours.
- Please plan to arrive 30-45 minutes before your journey. Traffic may be heavier than usual. Parking attendants will direct you to parking areas once you arrive on the campus of Auburn Adventist Academy. It is a short walking distance from the parking area to the church where Journey to Bethlehem begins. Please leave your valuables at home, not in your car!
- You must bring your ticket confirmation printout with you. You will exchange your confirmation printout for a tour pass in the lobby. Tickets are non-refundable and can only be scanned once. We do not have will-call capabilities. Can't make it? Consider your unused ticket a donation. Ages 2 and under are free but they need their own ticket. Adults may not use an infant's ticket.
- Your ticket is for a journey within a 1/2 hour time slot. For example, a 5:30 pm Journey will leave between 5:30 & 6 pm. You may have a short wait time in the church. Groups leave every 5 minutes. By registering online, we guarantee that your wait time will be shortened significantly! While you wait, local musicians will perform holiday favorites.
- Journeys leave from Auburn Adventist Academy Church. You will be placed in a group with 25-28 travelers to take your Journey. Respectful flash photography is allowed. However, try to allow yourself to be immersed in the experience without a camera or cell phone in hand.
3 Frequently Asked Questions
- May I bring my dog? Because of the wide array of animals involved in the program, we ask that you please do not bring your dog or any pets.
- Will the program be canceled for rain or snow? To this point, the program was only abbreviated and cancelled one evening for wind. If it is lightly raining, bring your umbrella. If there is severe weather, cancellations will be announced to the audience and posted on this website.
- How can I be involved? There are two main ways to be involved:
- Donations are always appreciated. You will have an opportunity at the end of the Journey to donate to the production and to Auburn Food Bank. We have a long-standing commitment to give back to the community.
- Acting, Music, or Support Services. Express your interest by calling 253-833-5853.